Whole No. 50
Duck Tracks-Fall 2008 issue includes the following articles:
Find out how to join the National Duck Stamp Collectors' Society
- Duck Stamp includes "bad" number . . . . A naughty number (transposed digits in a phone number) is found on the backing paper of about 3.5 million federal duck stamps featuring artwork by Joe Hautman. The federal government says it has no choice but to reluctantly keep distributing the stamps to millions of waterfowl hunters and stamp collectors.
- Federal Contest set for Minnesota, Large variety of events planned. . . The Federal Duck Stamp Art Contest will be held in Bloomington, Minnesota October 17-18 at the Bloominton Center for the Arts. Many of the events to be held are described and brief biographies of the artists participating in the program are included. Entries can be viewed on the web at OutdoorsWeekly.com Click on the Duck Stamp Entries link.
- Uncatalogued Stamps . . . President Ira Cotton describes and illustrates some uncatalogued duck stamps.
- Anniversary Sheet contains date error . . .The error occurs in the text when it says, "On August 14, 1934, Darling bought the first stamp from the postmaster for $1."
- Dumaine inducted into Writers Hall of Fame . . . Bob Dumaine, the founder of the National Duck Stamp Collectors Society, was inducted to the Writers Unit #30 Hall of Fame, during an August 17 induction ceremony.
- Federal Duck Stamp First Day Ceremony . . .A Photo Essay by Jim O'Donnell. This year's primary First Day of Sale ceremony was held at the Bass Pro Shop in Hanover, Maryland just outside Baltimore.
- Update on the 2008 Federal Duck Stamps . . . There are no plate numbers on this year's sheets of duck stamps. Each corner will have the artist's name - Joseph Hautman and 75th Anniversary.
- Annual Duck Stamp Poll . . . All State and Federal duck stamps are illustrated. Readers are asked to vote for their favourite stamps.
- Minnesota to issue Walleye stamp in 2009 . . .Minnesota will issue its first walleye stamp, which will be available to anglers when they purchase a 2009 fishing license. The design will be selected in a contest held on Thursday, Oct. 30 at DNR Headquarters.
- Bealle wins Maryland duck stamp contest . . . Robert Bealle of Waldorf took home top honors for the third time in Maryland's 34th Annual Migratory Game Bird Stamp Design Contest. His paintin of a male canvasback was selected frist place from a field of 34 entries.
- Alaska duck stamp prints to end in 2009 . . .New Jersey plans last stamp and print issue. . .